SODC Fire Update
SOUTH OXFORDSHIRE DISTRICT COUNCIL
An update on how we are doing following the fire at Crowmarsh
LATEST UPDATE: Wednesday 21 January, 2015
Some parts of our website work on systems that we are still restoring and might not work as normal, for example online application forms and reporting. Also, as our phone service isn't completely restored, some phone numbers may not work.
Until we’ve restored all our data we won’t know for sure what information we may have lost but we think it’s unlikely that any emails sent Thursday/Friday will have made it to us. Theoretically people should get their email bounced back but that doesn’t always happen. The same applies to anything posted to us on the days leading up to the fire that may not have been uploaded to our systems. So we’re asking people that have sent us something on those days to kindly resend it. Here is a breakdown of some of the services we have available.
Housing benefit payments should be made as normal.
Our housing service is up and running to and helping our residents as we would normally. However, as we’ll be operating from a temporary office there may be one or two unforeseen teething problems and we’d ask residents to kindly bear with us if that happens.
As usual, if you need to see a housing officer, please call to make an appointment first. You can contact the housing team on 01235 520202.
- Our out of hours service for noise nuisance complaints is operating as normal.
- Environment Protection inspections are going ahead as planned and we are accepting new enquiries.
- Food and Safety are dealing with urgent enquiries as well as dealing with their statutory responsibilities.
- We are continuing to accept applications for Disabled Facility Grants
- We are currently not able to provide a pest control service
- Reports about fly-tipping can be made as normal.
- Temporary phone number - 01235 540555
Waste and recycling
Waste and recycling collections continue as normal, however due to ongoing issues with our payment system we are currently unable to accept requests for bulky waste collections or deal with abandoned vehicles.
- We now have some planning services working. For the moment, we’re asking people who are waiting to put in a planning application that isn’t urgent, that they wait for a while until our systems are properly back up and running. This will help us prevent further delays for all applications.
- We will be extending the deadlines for comments on current planning applications for the same length of time that our systems remain offline.
- We are currently predicting at least a fortnight’s delay in determining planning applications that were registered before 15 January. If this is going to cause any major problems, you can reach us on the number below.
- Our next planning Committee scheduled for 28 January has been cancelled and items will now be rescheduled for 11 February. We are seeking a suitable venue for our planning committee meetings.
- We have set up an emergency planning contact number on 01235 540546.
Council tax payments can be made by phone on 0845 303 8506.
The team are responding to email and can be contacted on 01235 595929.
We are currently running the following services:
- Receiving new building control applications by post and email (applications can be sent to email@example.com or South Oxfordshire District Council, Abbey House, Abbey Close, Abingdon OX14 3JE)
- Site inspections
- Plan checking
- Advice service
At the moment, we can't accept online site inspections/applications or payments, but please bear with us as we try to get these back online.
The licensing team is running a limited service from Abbey House and can be contacted during office hours on 01235 540534 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are planning to apply for a new licence that isn't urgent, it would help us greatly if you could wait for a week or so before applying. This will help us deal with urgent enquiries.
This service is up and running. Contact the Democratic services team on 01235 540306.