title="Baldons Parish Council in Oxfordshire">

News  »  Apply now for right to remain in UK - Citizens Advice

   Apply now for right to remain in UK - Citizens Advice    9 December, 2019

The government has set up a programme called the EU Settlement Scheme which is intended for you. There is no charge for applying to this scheme. Citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland can also apply. It is important that you apply NOW, without waiting until the UK actually leaves. You can begin the process here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families/applying-for-settled-status

If your application is successful you will be able to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. You will also have the right to work in the UK, use the National Health Service, get access to benefits and pensions if you are eligible, and travel in and out of the country.  There is more information about your rights on the government website.

The new deadline for the UK to leave the EU is 31 January 2020 but it is still unclear exactly how it will take place, especially in view of the general election in December.  If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, you will need to be living in the UK BEFORE it leaves the EU in order to apply.

Check the Citizens Advice website at: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/staying-in-the-uk-after-brexit 

South Oxfordshire District Council also has up-to-date advice on www.southoxon.gov.uk/brexit

You can visit Citizens Advice in person or call us on Adviceline (0300 330 9042). For locations of offices and opening hours see www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/oxfordshire-south-vale

[+ go back...]